Friday, May 27, 2011

Squirrles=Bunny Rabbits

So this past week I have been deeply entrenched in the Hope International Leadership Summit/Internship training. Me and the other interns have gone from leadership session to training session non-stop from 8 am till 5pm everyday. Now I know that that is just a normal workday, but we have been absorbing an inordinate amount of information during these times and have been pushed to the max when it comes to learning about the in and outs of microfinance.

One random fact about Lancaster, PA... There are a ton of rabbits in the neighborhoods!!!! When I say a ton, I mean that you cannot walk one block in a neighborhood without seeing two little rabbits dart in front of you. There are about as many rabbits in Lancaster as there are squirrels in Richmond/Clemson. If you are from either of those places, you understand!!! Maybe one day the Lancaster rabbits and the Richmond squirrels will join forces and take over the world... I think its a distinct possibility...

So on to a more serious note, I am flying out tomorrow afternoon for the Philippines and absolutely cannot wait to go!!! The lord has used this week to over saturate me with his love, mercy, and knowledge of microfinance that I feel as though I am about to explode all of those on to every single Filipino I meet!!! So please pray for the flight and smooth travels getting to my apartment. Also, please pray for the lord to keep the current typhoon out of my planes way because I would really love to not have to fly through a typhoon en route to my awaiting apartment!!!

The one aspect about the past week that I did not expect coming into the training, was the unbelievable friendships I've formed with the other interns. There are 20 of us total, 12 staying in Pennsylvania and 8 of us going abroad (some have actually already left). These 19 other college students have quickly become some of my closest friends. It was incredible to get to experience a week with other people who have a passion for Jesus, economics, and seeing the poor lift themselves out of poverty. It has been the biggest blessing in the world to get to know these unbelievable people and I cannot wait to hear stories from all of them as we keep in touch over the summer.

So next time I update the blog I will be in Manila!!!!! Can't wait!!!

6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness[a] will go before you,
and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. - Isaiah 58:6-9


I am so blessed to be able to serve this amazing God who has promised to reveal himself to us on Earth!!!!

God bless.


Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment